Friday, June 02, 2006

The 9th Annual East Point Possums Show!



Could it be that time of year again? East Point's annual benefit for Pets Are Loving Support (PALS) will be held on Saturday, June 17, 2006. Thanks to the good folks at East Point who have been supportive of a lot of benefits that I've been involved in here in Atlanta. That's how I met one of my favorite public servants, East Point city councilman, Lance Rhodes.



For those of you who are not aware of it, PALS is an excellent non-profit organization that assists those that are disabled or too critically ill to care for their loving aminal companions. I discovered this great organization through another great organization, the Georgia Gay Rodeo Association (GGRA).

Some of you might be familiar with PALS' themed bingo nights. My friends and I have had a blast with other supporters of PALS on such nights as "Redneck bingo" and "Gospel bingo" where none other than Mrs. Tammy Faye Bakker Messner joined us a few years ago.

If you're looking for a cause to support, PALS is a very worthy one. You can find out more at

http://www.palsatlanta.org/

No comments: