Monday, June 26, 2006

40 miles of Republicans


I drove to Canton from Duluth the other day. Wishing to avoid the interstates, I took the long drive down Hwy 20 and Hwy 140 into Cherokee Co. Political signs dotted people's yards as well as any corner that featured a bare spot or a stop sign. The discouraging thing about it is that out of the several hundred signs that I saw, NOT EVEN ONE was for a Democrat. Now I knew that Cherokee and Forsyth Counties would be heavily Republican areas. But, sheesh!!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Sounds like time for you to put some Democratic signs in your trunk and start planting them where needed! :-) I'm putting a link to your blog on my Georgia Democratic Women's Grapevine today.

Button Gwinnett said...

Thanks Tina! The thought did cross my mind. But so did the fact that those are heavily armed areas......

Tina said...

Oh, they ain't gonna shoot you. They're just gonna pull up your signs. So take along a squirt bottle that's filled with cooking oil laced with some really tacky perfume...or maybe oil of gardenia from your nearby (gag) essential aroma store. Give the sign a few squirts. A friend suggests an even better alternative....the oriental cooking oil (fish based) that's called Nuke-Balm. Available at oriental and philippine groceries.

Button Gwinnett said...

Tina dear, please remind me NEVER to make an enemy of you!!! ;-)