Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Have you ever wanted to write a novel?

I'm just not good with reading or writing fiction. Probably 90% of what I read is nonfiction as in biographies, current events, as well as pyschological and political theory. Sounds kind of dull and serious right?

Well, I'd like to read more fiction. But I have a hard time getting into most. And I fancy myself as a good oral story teller. Yet somehow or another that just doesn't translate into writing anything artistic. It's not that I want it to be that way. It's just the way things are.

But NPR's website has a series of articles going on about authors of fiction and how they do what they do. It makes for good reading. So if you're someone who thinks she/he has a story inside just waiting to be told, check it out.

No comments: