Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Baptist Preacher Says Homosexuality Is Determined at Birth

Yesterday morning, as I was making my rounds, I let the scan button find WSB to listen to Boortz. This is something that isn't always a healthy exercise for me and my "bleeding heart" ways. But sometimes he can appeal to the pint-sized Libertarian inside of me.

But I'll tell you this. I was thankful that he called our attention to a USA Today article by Oliver "Buzz" Thomas, a Baptist minister. Thomas is the author of a yet to be released book titled, "10 Things Your Minister Wants to Tell You: But He Needs the Job."

One of his top 10 things he wants to tell us is this:

"Despite what you might have read, heard or been taught throughout your churchgoing life, homosexuality is, in fact, determined at birth and is not to be condemned by God's followers."

The minister then backs his argument up for Christian fundamentalists with their own medicine: The Bible. WWJD: What would Jesus do indeed?

Thank you, Buzz. I'd love to hear what else you have to say on this topic and others. I have a feeling that I'll be giving your book to a few of my fellow Baptists as gifts. I love the title of the book. Because it sounds like a little comeupance for some sanctimonious folks that richly deserve it.

Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, Happy Easter.........all rolled into one. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ive always felt that even if it were a "choice." It shouldnt create a hassle in a free country.